This Article has been Edited for Accessibility
What is 'AC-DC Option'
A derivative that gives an investor the right - but not the obligation - to buy (call) or sell (put) a security at a certain price (strike), and in which the investor makes the buy or sell decision at a specific time after the option is in force, rather than at the time of purchase. The AC-DC option is basically an option, which on a future date can become a call or put option at the buyer's discretion.
Also called a "chooser option" or "hermaphrodite option".
Explaining 'AC-DC Option'
The value of an AC-DC option is based on a complex formula that takes all of these variables into account. An AC-DC option is a type of exotic option, meaning it has more complicated terms than traditional, plain-vanilla options.
- Electricity Transmission Expansion Models [ocw.mit.edu]
- Direct Current Transmission Lines [large.stanford.edu]
- Comparison Between Underground Cable And Overhead Line ... [citeseerx.ist.psu.edu]
- Edison Revisited Should We Use Dc Circuits For ... [andrew.cmu.edu]
- The Future Of Transmission Technology [ece.cmu.edu]
- Lighting A Revolution: 19th Century Consequences [americanhistory.si.edu]