This Article has been Edited for Accessibility
Daily Trading Limit
What is 'Daily Trading Limit'
The maximum gain or loss on a derivative contract, such as options and futures contracts, that is allowed in any one trading session. The limits are imposed by the exchanges in order to protect against extreme volatility or manipulation within the markets.
Explaining 'Daily Trading Limit'
When daily trading limits have been reached, it is said to be a "locked market", and trading will halt for any trades that break the threshold or trading will close for that particular security.
- Food And Fiber Economics [agecon2.tamu.edu]
- Limiting Trade: Economics Lesson [ecedweb.unomaha.edu]
- Position Limits, Excessive Speculation And The Dodd ... [farmdocdaily.illinois.edu]
- Circuit Breakers And Program Trading Limits [www-bcf.usc.edu]
- Competitive Algorithms For Vwap And Limit Order Trading [cis.upenn.edu]
- A Trader's Guide To Futures [www4.ncsu.edu]